This assignment consists of a variety of skills! Take your time and try your best to answer each question in your notebook. We will check answers on Friday morning in class. Don't worry if you forget or do not know an answer. That's what I'm here for! Have fun!!
Directions: The following sentences need to be edited. Each one could contain a spelling mistake, an incorrect verb, or even a problem with capital letters. Can you find the mistake in each sentence, and rewrite the sentence correctly?
1. The children was at the park all day.
2. There is no snacks in the cafeteria.
3. Mark and Tom are good friend.
4. We live in the state of massachusetts.
5. Tim and i have a lot of work to do today.
6. Can you bring that book to me.
7. I enjoy teaching in Sumerville.
8. Cam was tired from a long day at work?
Directions: The following paragraph has one sentence that does not belong. Please read this paragraph carefully, and copy only that one sentence that does not belong into your notebook. Then follow Direction #2 in bold print below!
It was an unbelievable snowstorm. Snow was falling so quickly that it was sticking to my car windows again--and I had just cleaned them! I found myself shoveling my front steps over and over until I finally decided to stop for a while. My neighbor waved at me from across the street. I knew that it didn't make sense to continue removing snow until the storm was over, but I had certainly tried my best. I hope the snowfall ends soon because another ten inches are forecast for tomorrow morning!
Direction #2: After you have decided which sentence does not fit, write a new sentence that makes more sense!!
Directions: What do you think is a possible cause for what happened in each sentence below? Write the cause only in your notebooks.
1. Sandy got a good grade on her test.
2. Juan was able to buy the car he had always wanted.
3. Tim graduated from SCALE.
4. Angelina was suddenly a millionaire.