Adjectives or Adverbs?
Directions: Decide if the word in bold print in each sentence below is an adjective or an adverb!
1. Marie went to the showroom and decided to buy the blue car. _____________________________________________
2. There were ten students in the classroom that night. _____________________________________________________
3. I will see you all tomorrow. __________________________________________________________________________
4. I really love the season of Christmas! __________________________________________________________________
5. I am quite sure that you know the answer to that question! ___________________________________________________
6. Don't drive fast down that street! _____________________________________________________________________
7. Would you be able to accompany me to the music store? __________________________________________________
8. Are there enough dinner plates for our party? ___________________________________________________________
9. Thanksgiving is primarily an American holiday. _________________________________________________________
10. I did not see you standing there! _________________________________ and _______________________________
Part Two: Using the sentences above (#1 - 10), please find each of the following parts of speech:
1. proper noun ______________________________________________________
2. verb of being _____________________________________________________
3. prepositional phrase _______________________________________________
4. direct object ______________________________________________________
5. pronoun _________________________________________________________
6. clause ___________________________________________________________
Part Three: Now select one of the sentences above as a writing prompt! It could begin your story, or it could be a sentence you include in the middle or end of your story. Your story needs to be two paragraphs in length, with every sentence constructed carefully! Check for correct capital letters and punctuation marks (especially the comma!)! I look forward to reading your latest creations!
Leave a Reply.