Directions: In the sentences below, please fill in the blanks with an appropriate appositive of your choice. Be sure to read the rest of each sentence to understand its meaning before making your selection. Be ready to also tell us which noun your appositive renamed!
For example, in number one, the appositive is our new president, and the noun it renames is Joe Biden!
1. Joe Biden, our ___new president____________________________________________, is making a lot of changes already!
2. My best friend, ____________________________________________, is on her way to my house; I'd better hurry home now!
3. Massachusetts, a _________________________________________________, is part of New England.
4. The molecule that contains our unique genetic code, ____________________________, is a double helix and resembles a spiral staircase.
5. My cousin, ______________________________, visited our family during the holidays.
6. My puppy, a __________________________________________, is my newest pet!
7. Tom's friend, _______________________________________________, once starred in a movie filmed in Boston!
8. The class, __________________________________, takes place on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
9. Her dad, a ___________________________________________, works at a restaurant in Cambridge.
10. Shana, a ____________________________________________, will interview you for the new position.
BONUS: Can you create your own sentence using one of the following nouns and add an appositive that renames it?
You only need to select one word!!
For example, if I select the word bananas, my sentence might be:
I went to the store to purchase the best bananas, Dole Organic, but they were all out!
The noun I selected from the list was bananas, and my appositive was Dole Organic.
bananas pie restaurant movie book
2/11/2021 10:17:31 am
Leave a Reply.