Directions: The sentences below contain at least one piece of alliteration, an example of hyperbole, an example of personification, or a prepositional phrase. Can you find them all? Note: The first one has all four!!
1. I waited forever for this moment to finally arrive!
2. John is living in the town of Hyannis at the Cape.
3. Maureen makes the best marshmallow milkshakes!
4. Simon says that soon the Christmas season will sneak up on us!
5. Winter waits for no one.
6. Sami could not stop sneezing!!
7. This activity on our website will teach us how to find various literary devices and parts of speech.
8. Laura loved little lambs.
9. The back door whined whenever Wayne opened it.
10. Your turn!!! Create one sentence that contains alliteration, personification, hyperbole, and a prepositional phrase -- or create four sentences that contain one example of each of these terms separately. Good luck!!