Finding Alliteration, Personification, Hyperbole as well as Prepositional Phrases in Sentences
Directions: The sentences below contain at least one piece of alliteration, an example of hyperbole, an example of personification, or a prepositional phrase. Can you find them all? Note: The first one has all four!!
1. I waited forever for this moment to finally arrive!
2. John is living in the town of Hyannis at the Cape.
3. Maureen makes the best marshmallow milkshakes!
4. Simon says that soon the Christmas season will sneak up on us!
5. Winter waits for no one.
6. Sami could not stop sneezing!!
7. This activity on our website will teach us how to find various literary devices and parts of speech.
8. Laura loved little lambs.
9. The back door whined whenever Wayne opened it.
10. Your turn!!! Create one sentence that contains alliteration, personification, hyperbole, and a prepositional phrase -- or create four sentences that contain one example of each of these terms separately. Good luck!!
11/14/2020 11:43:30 am
1. I waited forever fort this moment to finally arrive! - Hyperbole, Alliteration, Prepositional phrase
1. The red house have around the most beautiful alive red flowers in the red vase.
11/16/2020 09:26:42 pm
1. I waited forever for this moment to finally arrive! - Hyperbole, Alliteration, Prepositional phrase
11/16/2020 09:28:19 pm
10. I told you one thousand times, I heard the wind talk like a person when I was at the park.
Leave a Reply.