Directions: As you can see demonstrated in the title above, a hyperbole is a deliberate exaggeration that you use for effect. This means that you speak this way on purpose so that others know how strongly you feel about something! In the examples of hyperbole below, identify the hyperbole and write what it means in the Comments section.
1. I was freezing to death when I took a walk near the lake last January.
2. She had told him a million times where she was going, but he asked her again anyway.
3. This is the best coffee shop in the world.
4. The new mom said she hadn't slept in ages!
5. I have been waiting in this line forever!
6. It was so hot in Florida I could not breathe!
7. My heart stopped when I saw my old friend.
8. When the thief was caught, his whole world came crashing down.
9. The man said he saw his whole life flashing before him in the moments after his accident.
10. Terence's friends would tell you he talks nonstop after winning a hockey game.