Our Week In Review!
Directions: The following questions provide a checkpoint for many of the skills we talked about this week. Please answer each one as best you can! Good luck!
1. Which one is an example of chronological order?
a. James, Hall, O'Toole, Thompson,
b. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
c. 1950, 1960, 1970, 1980
2. Aerobic exercise helps the body take in and send out
3. An heir could be
a. a son or daughter
b. your partner at work
c. a favorite pet
4. You could inherit (genetically)
b. hair color
c. hair style
5. DNA is an
c. a type of lemonade
6. You have _________________chromosomes in all.
7. DNA looks like
a. your front steps
b. a spiral staircase
c. a broken ladder
d. a step stool
8. DNA is located in the cell
9. The quarter landed on (its, it's) side.
10. (Your, You're) a great class!
11. Which person may have a chip on his shoulder?
a. an infant
b. an inspirational guidance counselor
c. a young man who has had family problems
d. a clown at the circus
12. Why would you want to cross that bridge when you come to it?
a. You love bridges.
b. You have a fear of bridges.
c. You don't want to deal with a problem just yet.
d. You would rather find a different route.
13. Which sentence is written in active voice?
a. He climbed the tree.
b. The tree was climbed by him.
14. Which sentence is incomplete?
a. The other day, while I was shopping
b. She's a great cook!
c. The music sounded great!
d. I won!
15. Try a Punnett Square!!
Jean has blue eyes, noted as bb.
Billy has brown eyes but carries a blue-eyed gene, noted as Bb.
Draw a square and figure out the percentage of times their children would have blue eyes and brown eyes.
______________________ out of 4, which is _________________%, the children would be brown eyes.
______________________out of 4, which is _________________%, the children would be blue eyes.
Now, write a short news article (expository writing) about a snowstorm in Madison, Wisconsin. Give at least three details about the storm. For example:
Give your writing a title that makes the reader interested in what you have to say!
Leave a Reply.