Directions: Please fill in the following sentences with the correct literary term. For those who are new, simply try your best! We will go over this in class tomorrow night!
1. When you compare two items using the words "like" or "as," you are using a _____________________________.
2. The process of giving human qualities to inanimate objects is known as _________________________________.
3. The use of the same sound to start several words is called _____________________________________________.
4. A __________________________________________ is a word that is spelled the same way, forward and backward.
5. The comparison of an object to something else directly, without the use of "like" or "as," is a ______________________.
6. Something you say in question form that does not need an answer is known as a __________________________
7. It is ____________________________________ that I bought a computer so that class would run smoothly, and then the audio went out and we had to leave Zoom!
8. A ___________________________________ is the problem in any fictional story.
9. The ____________________________________ of a story is something we learn and take away from it, such as "There's no place like home."
10. The main character in a story is known as the _____________________________________________.
11. The highest point of interest in a story is called the ___________________________________.
12. A character has an _______________________________________ when he has a sudden and intense realization of something, and his life is often then changed by it.
Thank you for working so hard! I look forward to seeing how you did in class tomorrow!