In the title above, a simile was used to describe this literary term! Let's first be sure we understand the following definition:
A simile is a figure of speech involving the comparison between two unlike objects and uses the words "like" or "as" in its description.
Let's look at a few similes below to see if you can find the "hidden" meaning! Please write the meaning in the "Comments" section below.
1) Her hair was as soft as silk.
2) He was as happy as a clam!
3) She is as sweet as honey!
4) He is like a fish out of water.
5) They were like two peas in a pod.