We will start off our summer work with some review exercises! A writing activity will follow. Please feel free to send answers from this post on the Writing Page. Be sure to list the date or title of the page you are working on. For instance, today's page is "Summer Skills-June 15, 2023." This will ensure I know exactly what you are doing!
Directions: Please select the correct answer from within the parentheses.
1. The summer months seem to go by so (quick, quickly).
2. Please hand those papers to my classmates and (I, me).
3. The place mats on the table (is, are) brand new.
4. We (will visit, have visited) Barnes and Noble on Friday to search for new books to read!
5. Did you (hear, heard) the latest story about the bear that was seen in Arlington?
6. Tom and (I, me) spent the day cleaning out the garage.
7. Do you know where Sara and Jen (go, went) last Saturday night?
8. The trees by the brook (is, are) have leaves that are a rich red hue.
9. She (will continue, has continued) to study at SCALE in the fall.
10. I wish you a summer filled lots of great books (to read, have read).
Directions: Fact or Opinion?
1. The man wore a brown suit to the event. (Fact, Opinion)
2. The brown suit looked great on him. (Fact, Opinion)
3. It made him seem more mature. (Fact, Opinion)
4. The event was lots of fun. (Fact, Opinion)
5. It was held in the streets of Boston. (Fact, Opinion)
6. Many of my relatives once lived there. (Fact, Opinion)
7. Boston restaurants are the best in MA. (Fact, Opinion)
8. There are many bakeries in the city. (Fact, Opinion)
9. The banana cream is everyone's favorite. (Fact, Opinion)
10. One bakery sold ten pies in one hour. (Fact, Opinion)
Directions: Please put the following sentences in logical order.
a. Tim decided from that point on he would never buy shoes online again.
b. The shoes arrived in a beautiful box.
c. Tim then realized he needed to buy new shoes right away.
d. Last week, Tim received an invitation to a friend's wedding.
e. He looked in his closet and could not find proper shoes to wear.
f. He went onto a popular online website and ordered a pair of shoed.
g. But when he opened the box, Tim saw that they looked nothing like the photo he had seen.
h. For one thing, they were too large.
i. Tim returned the shoes and went into an actual store where he found the perfect pair.
j. They also did not fit him in any way and were the wrong color.
Directions: Use the following words to create a story of your choice! It can be written in any style and be any length you wish. Have fun!!
Mary Silver Lake envelope sand bracelet
What book are you currently reading? ______________________________________________________________________
(If you can't answer this question, please visit your nearest library or bookstore!!)