Directions: To start the new year off with a bang, here are some writing prompts for you to work on in your reflection journals.
You can copy any or all of the quotations below exactly as shown (with quotation marks surrounding the words) on the left page of your notebook, and use the right page of your notebook to write how you feel, what connection you may have to this quotation, or if you agree or disagree with the sentiment.
Each reflection should be no less than one paragraph in length and filled with with solid sentences. You may use first person in this case, since it is like a journal entry! Remember to vary the length of your sentences and to read your writing out loud when you have finished.
You do not need to send any paragraphs directly to me, since we will be having two or three students read their essays out loud each Thursday evening in January and February! This will accompany our Personal Dictionary work, which we also share on Thursday evenings!
1) "Impossible is just an opinion." ~Paulo Coelho
2) "When you love what you have, you have everything you need." ~A. A. Milne
3) "When you hit a wall -- of your own imagined limitations -- just kick it in." ~Sam Shepard
4) "integrity is the most valuable and respected quality of leadership. Always keep your word."
5) "I will not take 'but' for an answer." ~ Langston Hughes
6) "like a welcome summer rain, humor may suddenly cleanse and cool the earth, the air and you."
7) "Every moment is a fresh beginning." ~T. S. Eliot
8) "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." ~Leonardo da Vinci
9) "Whatever you do, do it well." ~Walt Disney
10) "What we think, we become." ~Buddha
11) "If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything." ~Mark Twain
12) "Tough times never last, but tough people do." ~Robert H. Schiuller
13) "Be so good they can't ignore you." ~Steve Martin
14) "Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud." ~Maya Angelou
15) "The time is always right to do what is right." ~Martin Luther King Jr.